- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. (We can’t stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.)
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our services and products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of our site and services.
It is RentalRookie’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites. We recognize the importance of keeping the information you provide to us private and secure.
1. User Consent.
By using our Site or providing Personal Information to us, you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information as described in this Policy. If you do not consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information as described in this Policy, do not use our Site.
2. Types of Information We Collect.
When we refer to “Personal Information” we mean information that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing information. When we refer to “Anonymous Information” we mean information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information and which cannot be identified as belonging to you.
We may collect Personal Information from you, such as your first and last name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, billing address, credit card or debit card information, PayPal account, and similar information when you create an account. Our Site may collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, IP address, web pages visited, web pages viewed, buttons or links clicked, time spent on the website, time spent on web pages, etc.
3. Use of Your Personal Information.
Whenever we collect Personal Information on our Site, we will:
- not disclose, transfer, sell or otherwise provide your Personal Information to any third party unless required by law or as expressly stated herein;
- collect and use your Personal Information only with your consent, which may be express or implied, depending on the sensitivity of the Personal Information, legal requirements, and other factors;
- collect your Personal Information only for specific, limited purposes. The information we collect will be relevant, adequate and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected;
- process your Personal Information in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected or to which you have subsequently consented; and
- not use your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes without giving you an opportunity to “opt-out”.
We may use Personal Information:
- to create your membership or user profile account and provide the Services you request;
- to access the third party services you specifically request access to;
- to register you for a webinar or online workshop or streaming workshop;
- to place transactions or orders to purchase software, research or membership access;
- to provide support and assistance for email requests or questions related to our Services;
- to the extent, you choose to participate, to conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better Services and Products;
- to personalize marketing communications and website content based on your preferences, access level, user level, Services purchased;
- to provide improved administration of our Site and Services including billing, mailing, email, phone number, name updates or edits;
- to send you administrative e-mail notifications and other Services related communications;
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes;
- to contact you regarding opportunities to compensate you for your algorithm’s performance;
- to share anonymized and/or aggregated algorithm performance statistics with third parties, for example, potential investors or for marketing purposes; and
- to market our products and services (and those of third parties) to you that we believe may be of interest, both on and off the Site.
- to facilitate communication with other Members of the Site as you direct us through the Services.
4. Control and Retention of Personal Information.
5. Security of Personal Information.
Your Personal Information will generally be stored in our servers (which are hosted by a third party service provider) located in the United States. To the extent required by law, if your Personal Information will be transferred outside of this country, an appropriate notice will be provided. We maintain safeguards to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your Personal Information. However, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet and will not be responsible for breaches of security unless we have acted in a grossly negligent manner.
6. Use of Anonymous Information.
We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding any information that makes the information personally identifiable to the data subject. We use this Anonymous Information to so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site performance. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties at its sole discretion.
7. Third Party Service Providers.
We use software plugins and other third-party plugins on this site in order to facilitate and support our business and users. These plugins include payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, analytics and website tracking software, membership management and access delivery software, commenting and forum software, marketing and promotion software as well as video, audio, content, and social media plugins. The current list of active software plugins and third-party plugins we use on this site include: Google Analytics, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Stripe, PayPal, OptimizePress, SEO Yoast, YouTube, Sumo, GoDaddy, My Page Order, Postman SMTP, Pretty Links, UpdraftPlus, Askimet Anit-Spam, Post Expirator, Remove Query Strings, Thrive Quiz Builder, TinyMCE, WebinarNinja, SpeakPipe, Join.me, Calendly, SoundCloud, Libsyn, iTunes, GooglePlay, ActiveCampaign, MailChimp, PushCrew.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us as already outlined in the “We may use Personal Information” section above. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies, so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers. In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So, if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
In certain, limited circumstances we may be required share or transfer Personal Information to other unrelated third parties. For example, we may provide Personal Information to a third party: (i) at your request; (ii) to comply with a legal requirement or court order; (iii) to investigate a possible crime, such as identity theft; (iv) in connection with the sale, purchase, investment in, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of our company or business; or (v) under similar circumstances. If such an event occurs, we will take appropriate steps to protect your Personal Information.
8. Third Party Websites.
10. Users Outside of the United States.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Privacy Shield
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under the local law.
If we transfer personal information from the European Union or Switzerland to the United States, we comply with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States. ID Experts has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
If you have concerns about our compliance with the Privacy Shield program, you should contact us at email@example.com. If you are unable to resolve your concern or dispute with us, you may file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, High Fidelity’s designated independent dispute resolution provider, by visiting www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/. Under certain conditions specified by the principles of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, you may also be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint. We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the FTC. If we share EU or Swiss data with a third-party service provider that processes the data solely on our behalf, then we will be liable for that third party’s processing of EU or Swiss data in violation of the Privacy Shield Principles, unless we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
12. Your Rights and Choices.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by requesting such deletion at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may exercise your right to withdraw your consent to the Service at any time. The withdrawal of consent will require deactivation of your account. To withdraw consent and deactivate your account, please contact support at email@example.com. If you wish to exercise your right to data portability or right to erasure, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for up to 12 months. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Our Services and Site are not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from people we actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site or Services is designed to attract people under 13 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Site and the Services.
14. Changes in this Privacy Statement.
15. Contact Us.
634 Maple Street
Indiana, PA 15701
Notice to California Residents:
Last Revised: May 25, 2018